I couldn’t stay away from desserts for too long. About 50% of the recipes in my ‘book’ are deserts. I love deserts. But now that I’ve hit middle age, it’s a lot to deal with the sweets.
Anyway, my mom used to make this a lot. It’s another one of these, easy to do, but it looks and tastes awesome.
A note: You can also use a tiara torte pan, instead of a pie pan. That type of pan has a raised section in the middle, when you complete baking, there’s actually a large indention in the cake that you can fill with the whipped topping mix.
Rocky Road Dessert Pie
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 container whipped cream
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped nuts (pecans are yum, optional)
- ½ cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Remove 1 and 1/3 cups of cake mix from the package
- Add oil, eggs, and water
- Mix very well
- Pour in a greased (baking spray works too) pie pan
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Mix 1 and 1/3 cups of cake mix with the whipped cream
- Add the chocolate chips, nuts, and marshmallows
- Spread on top of the cake.
- Chill for two hours